Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Grass is Greener

After much procrastination, bad weather, and nagging letters from the HOA, we finally installed our new sod in the front yard. The old yard wasn't level, the old sod never even rooted, and the sprinkler system was full of holes. So we cut up the old sod, dug up the old sprinkler system, and started from scratch. After a couple of long weekends of work and some help from Dad, we finally got the new sod installed last Saturday. We hope it grows in strong and deep. Our house finally looks finished in the front! The best part is that Kevin got to buy a very manly lawn mower.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Your house is looking great! Just know that when we get a house, we are gonna need your expertise~ love you!

Kern County Kids Read said...

I just found out you have a blog (no thanks to David -- I had to follow the link on Ash's blog to find it). This is the first time I've see a pic of your house -- it is cute! Congrats on the turf - I hope it stays alive while you are on your trip!