Saturday, July 5, 2008

Weekend Fun at Sea Paradise

We went to Yokohama / Hakkeijima city, Japan, this last Saturday to give Kevin a break from work and cure Lori's cabin fever. We found an awesome amusement park / aquarium called Sea Paradise right on the coast. We watched a "Sea Mammal" performance, road rides, ate food, played games, fed animals, and ate yummy snow cones. We had a ton of fun all day long, even though it was SUPER humid.


Sea Paradise from afar


The Aquarium show began with the Seals

Then the comical walrus entertained us

The beautiful beluga whales put on an amazing water dance with their Japanese trainers


The trainers riding on the Beluga whales' backs


The Beluga whales are kissing


A very exciting act put on by various Dolphins

Dolphin Moonwalking

FREE WILLY! (oh, I mean Flipper)


I think the trainer went a little higher than expected,


This is not photo-editing, the Dolphin had at least a five second hang-time in the air.


Lori feeding the Sea Lions some sardines.

This Sea Lion was a little hungry. It even barked at us.


Kevin & Lori in the Aquarium Tunnel

This Beluga Whale was awesome.

Stingrays

Giant Japanese King Crab

1/3rd Fish, 1/3rd Shrimp, 1/3 Butterfly = One Weird Fish

Giant Sea Turtles

A cartoon looking fish

Kevin playing some high-tech Japanese video games

The "Surf Coaster" roller coaster


Yes, We actually rode this thing.

4 comments:

Kern County Kids Read said...

Fun! I've never seen a Beluga Whale in person before.

Anonymous said...

These pictures are awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! please!?

Mike Grace said...

I am loving the pictures! I am so glad you two were able to go to Japan. I absolutely love it there.