Saturday, November 1, 2008

Dirty Diaper Fun!

Today was a friend of ours baby shower. I was in charge of the games. I love doing showers for people. There are so many cool ideas and games that you can find! One of the games the I decided to do was get 8 different types of candy bars melt each one and put them in 8 diapers. The guests have to smell and touch the "poo" and write down which candy bar was in which diaper. It was a lot of fun!


Sniffing the "POO". She is going to be a GREAT mom!



I have been wanting to make a one of those diaper cakes for a really long time, so I decided it was time! I bought the stuff to make it about 3 weeks ago and I was really anxious to make it. So I made it about 2 weeks before the baby shower! It was very quick and easy to make, and it's a great present.
Here's the biginning(well middle)
It's almost done here, just a few things to add.Here is the finished product! I added some little wash clothes rolled up in the diapers and then some adorable pink shoes on top!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute!! I'm glad the shower went well!! You'll have to explain to me in full detail how you made that diaper cake!! Love it!!

Cindi said...

Those pics are disgusting! :P Grrrooooossssss!! lol Even knowing they're just candy bars doesn't even help. They're just nasty! :D The cake, on the other hand, is so impressive! Very pretty! Good job! I'll keep your impressive party-throwing skills in mind! ;)

Jennifer Hepworth said...

That's the funniest, grossest game I've ever heard of for a baby shower. I'll definitely have to do it if I'm ever in charge of a baby shower. Too fun! The diaper cake turned out so cute and what a great gift!

Anonymous said...

Um, the pictures of the diapers makes me SICK! Get back beast! hahahahaha!

Ashley said...

Those diapers are about enough to make me gag. But the diaper cake is adorable!!!

Alexis said...

Man, you are amazing! Those ideas are pretty impressive! :D But looking at those dirty diaper pictures, I think I puked in my mouth a little...

gardeniagirl said...

You did a great job. It was a fun shower! And I still can't believe I got all of those candy bars right. You have to love that game; it's a baby shower classic. And I was really impressed with the diaper cake. That was a nice shower for Laura.

The "Eck's" Files said...

Hi--love it. Made me sad I wasn't there anymore. I saw Cindy Watson's picture in there--and WOULD LOVE her number or email. You could give her mine. I thought she moved and I lost her....
I'll keep that game in mind!! GROSS