Saturday, January 10, 2009

Kevin's Pony Needs a Name!

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1


Ford made the original Mach 1 in 1969, offered mainly in the fastback body style. A new version of this Mach 1 was produced in limited numbers in 2003. The 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 fits between the 390-HP Ford Mustang Cobra and the 260-HP Ford Mustang GT.


The 2003 Mach 1 sports a functional "Shaker" hood scoop, producing ram-air intake. This five-speed manual Mach 1, at 305 stock HP, does 0-60 in 5.3 seconds and easily clears a 1/4 mile in 13.5 seconds. The Mach 1 has a unique verson of Ford's 32-valve 4.6L DOHC V8. This is the same engine used in the Cobra, minus the supercharger.





Kevin is a Mustang enthusianist, and he is very excited to have this Mach 1. Although it was hard to say goodbye to his 2001 Mustang Bullitt (known as Ebony), he quickly fell in love with the Mach 1. Better yet, this six year old Mustang is in cherry condition with only 12,500 miles! Kevin now needs a name for his new Mustang......any suggestions?

9 comments:

Cindi said...

First off... cute new setup. It's a little optical illusion-like if you scroll quickly!

Chase suggested "Sissy"!?!?! What do you think? Aiden thought it looked more like a "Saul"?!? My suggestion is "Big Red"... Let us know if you use any of our suggestions! ;) BTW- I don't speak "car", so all the technical/ mechanical stuff is foreign to me, but it sounds and looks impressive.

Ashley said...

I say that it should be named Cherry-Bear...like Boo-Bear but cherry cause the color...:) jk. it needs a manly name but I am not sure...the car looks good! Can't wait to come visit and drive it!!

Cindi said...

Me again... can you vote more than once? :D My dad votes for Heartbreaker or Heart throb. My new suggestion is BLAZE. :D

The "Eck's" Files said...

I'm just wondering if Lori or Kevin wrote that post. If Lori did, I'm more than super impressed.
As for a name, how about Ol' Bessie? LOL

Jennifer Hepworth said...

Very nice. I like the red! As for a name... Syd says Lightning McQueen.

Unknown said...

Dang! That thing is niiiiiccce! I'm jealous! I'm gonna go with Betty haha I don't know!

Cindi said...

So, has the pony been named yet?! Inquiring minds want to know!

Kern County Kids Read said...

Slick!

the (4) amigos said...

Matthew's vote: "How many tickets can I get with this one?" or "Cops Love Me" kinda long yes but can be shortened.

Heather's vote: "FUEGO!" spanish for fire, or "CALIENTE" spanish for hot!

Kenyon's vote: "ooooooh! ah, ah!"

Either way the names are winners!!