Friday, June 20, 2008

Safari

Mt. Fuji Safari

While Kevin has been really busy with work, I was getting pretty bored here, so I decided to go see some sites.
We arrived and the first exhibit was the Kangaroos. We were allowed to go in and pet and feed them. I was SO excited! They are unbelievably soft!
Red Kangaroos
White Kangaroos
White kangaroos appear once in every 100,000 births. We were NOT allowed to pet these. I thought they were a little creepy looking!

Squirrel Monkies These monkies were so cute! Although it said they might bite, I let them grip my finger. Their hands were really soft and squishy!




This is the bus we rode on in the safari. Entering the safari gates it kind of reminded me of entering Jarassic Park. They gave us apples and carrots for the bears and raw liver for the lions(not very appealing!)

Kodiak Bear


I had no idea that they have such long tongues!


We started driving off and this bear did not want to let go!
Now on to the lions!

The lions took the food so gently!

Only the famales would come up and take the liver.
There were tons of lions laying all over the place!
African Elephants

This safari also had tigers, cheetahs, bongos, white rhinoceros, giraffes, llamas, and camels, and tons more of animals.

3 comments:

Kern County Kids Read said...

WOW! White kangaroos are freaky. Really having fun reading your blog!

Ashley said...

That is awesome Lori! You are brave to venture out on your own. Did you go with anyone else? Also, loving the updates on the blog! :)

Jennifer Hepworth said...

What an awesome experience! Once in a lifetime I'm sure. Enjoy every minute and take lots of pictures.